Monday, April 03, 2006

LICENSED TO...TRAVEL FOR FREE ON THE BUS AT NON-PEAK TIMES.
I'm greatly encouraged by the news that Wendy Craig has been cast as the new James Bond. Anyone who's familiar with her work on ITV's The Royal and the seminal 70's british sitcoms such as Butterflies can be in no doubt that the natural successor to Pierce Brosnan as finally been found. She is the perfect choice to introduce Bond to a new generation of film fan. She has that steely-eyed stoicism and languid sense of humour that's integral to Ian Fleming's greatest creation and I for one applaud the producer's brave decision. I must admit I haboured some initial concerns with regard to the fact that she's now in her mid-seventies and may struggle with the action scenes but I'm led to believe she's been in the gym beefing up since october last year so I'm sure she'll be in fine physical fettle when principle photography begins. I am literally salivating at the prospect of Ms Craig annoucing the immortal words "My name's Bond. James Bond".
P.S - There is no truth in the internet rumour that Geoffrey Palmer has been cast as Bond's arch nemesis Dr Possibly.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mr McGuinness said...

gosh what a funny posting. Wendy Craig! lol

5:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home